Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

31 Day Blog Post: Something I Miss

I miss lots of things. I almost opted out of this post today. After my post yesterday, I actually spent a good part of the day in a huge funk and bawled my eyes out at my pity party for one yesterday evening. So, even though I am risking that again, I think it might be therapeutic to write some of this out. If you aren't interested in a mushy post, this is your chance to leave. Don't read any further. Stop NOW!

I miss my sisters. Stef, Holly, Lisa, and Kelli (when she isn't here) are people I ache for all the time. I miss their faces. I miss their opinions. I miss being all up in each other's business all the time. Wait! We still do that, but I miss the fact that we don't all live close to one another. Granted, we haven't all lived super close to one another for six years when we all lived in the Broomfield house together for the summer. That was a fun summer. Chaotic, but really fun.

I miss sleep. I cannot get enough of it right now, and I miss it. I miss sleeping in. I miss sinking into bed and actually sleeping instead of taking 20 minutes to find a comfortable position and then kind of sleeping for a few hours before I have to haul my butt up and use the restroom...just to start the process all over again.

I miss security. I don't have a lot of it these days--by any definition of the word--and it is amazing to me how much security is something I took for granted.

I miss confidence. My friend, Amber, and I discussed the other day how we question every move we make these days. We wondered where the confidence of our 20's went. The conclusion we came to is this, we only thought we were confident in our 20's. We knew it all, and we were ready to conquer the world. Now that we are older and wiser, we understand that there is so much we don't know, so much we have yet to understand, and that shakes a person up! Didn't Socrates say that the only knowledge lies in knowing that we know nothing? (Thank you, Bill and Ted.)

I miss Nick and everything that goes along with him not being here right now. Enough said.

No comments: