Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: 20 Facts About Me

http://www.wsbln.org/drupal1/sites/default/files/intr_facts.jpg
Okay, Holly and Lisa (and my mom via email) have posted some really wonderful and amusing things about themselves. The pressure is on to make this good! So, here I go:

1. My family jokingly call me "The Expert" which I actually love. I like to think it is because I am so wise, but I think the real reason is because I am fairly good at finding and interpreting information. I love being able to help others by finding out things and passing on info, and I do tend to voice my opinion (although it may not always be wanted).

2. I always wanted to get married and have a family, but I honestly never thought it would happen. I was hopelessly in love with at least a dozen wrong-for-me guys over the years, and through that experience, I had come to the conclusion that I was not marriage material.

3. I believe in love at first sight--okay, maybe second sight. The second time I met Nick, I KNEW my life would never be the same. I just didn't know how that would play out! Here we are, five years, many adventures, and almost two kids later. Still love him more than anything!

4. I am a slob. I can clean, I will clean, but oh how I hate it!

5. I play the clarinet (probably not well anymore), the piano (not real well, I am mostly self-taught), and I could be the next American Idol. :-) Not really, but I do love to sing.

6. I always knew I would love being a mom, but I didn't realize how much until Q came into my life. This mom stuff is pretty cool, and our worst day here is WAY better than the best day I ever had as a teacher.

7. I believe that education is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves and our children.

8. I absolutely LOVE having five siblings. My best friends were built into my family, and I can hardly believe how BLESSED I am to have the family that I do.

9. I used to think that I was smart. Now, I think I have more to learn than will be possible in this lifetime.

10. While I have not always been the greatest example, I am LDS. These past few years, as I have come back to church and grown in the Gospel, I have come to find a great peace with who I am. This is a blessing beyond compare.

11. I always jump to the worst case scenario when presented with new problems and challenges, and I generally assume that is exactly what is going to happen.

12. I love to try and plan my life, and everything in it, but these past few years especially, have taught me that planning is futile and I should really just work towards being prepared and staying flexible.

13. I experienced one of my worst nightmares when I had Q, and I lived to tell about it.

14. I have been told several times in the past few months how strong I am...I don't know about that, but I do  know that I am determined. Incredibly determined.

15. I am a crier. I try not to be, but I do cry at the drop of a hat. I cry almost daily these days. Let's blame the pregnancy!

16. I am really excited to be having another baby girl join our family. It isn't a secret that I am actually terrified at the thought of having a son. It isn't a rational fear, and I do kind of hope we can have a boy one day, but for whatever reason, I am afraid to be a mother to a son.

17. Speaking of irrational fears: I am absolutely terrified of dinosaurs. Not bones in museums or displays, but scary dinosaurs in movies. Jurassic Park is a movie I have never seen all the way through. My sisters thought it would be funny one time to surprise me at Dave and Buster's with the Jurassic Park video game. This is also how Nick found out about my fear of dinos...they put me in the game with my eyes closed, handed me the gun and started it. Instead of jumping out, I thought I should actually try and kill the dinosaurs running towards me. So, I part screamed, part laughed, part cried through the game while Nick sat next to me with his ears covered and muttered, "Are you kidding me?" over and over again. He stuck around after that, but seriously...dinosaurs are really scary!

18. My favorite movie of all time is Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. It makes me giggle.

19. I love to read. I wish I had more time to read. I love so many books from so many genres that one might think it would be hard to pick a favorite, but I actually never, ever tire of reading The Great Gatsby. I literally have read this book over 30 times, and read it again at least once a year since I have stopped teaching. I would happily teach the book for anyone, anytime!

20. I prefer cold weather to hot, mountains to ocean, dry air to humid, and the smell of rain calms me and makes me happy.

2 comments:

Holly G said...

yes, you are The Expert!

Jen Sadler said...

Hehehehehe! I'm not always sure that title is the best thing. :-)