Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: Dream Job

Okay, I love my job now. Being a SAHM is the best thing I have ever done. It is also the hardest. However, I will not take that cop out and will write about an actual dream job.

I want to be an author. A full fledged published author. I want to have an office at my house, apart from the chaos of family, where I can sit and create beautiful, frightening, entertaining, amazing stories...and I want people to read them, love them, be moved by them in the same ways I have been moved by others' stories. I do write. I wish I could write daily. I wish I wasn't so afraid of failing at this writing stuff. I keep saying SOMEDAY! Maybe that someday needs to be tomorrow. Maybe it will be next week. Maybe I need to suck it up and work on making my dream a reality with the possibility of rejection and failing time and time again not stop me. There are lots of amazing books out there. There are also lots of terrible (personal opinion) books out there. Certainly, one day, I can make this dream a reality. Time to try.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Well, well, well. We have two things in common; being a SAHM and a writer. I can't do much about being a SAHM right now but the two of us can work the writer part together. I think we should just bite the bullet and do it!! I've met a lot of children's authors the past 3 years and have been so inspired by them. They are down-to-earth, "normal" people just like us. The wife of my HT wrote Belle Boy: A Sister in the Rebel Ranks for the tween crowd and is working on the sequel. She was inspired by the Civil War history/sites while living in the south. She also admired the women who actually fought in the war; secretly. She did a presentation for my students and did a great job talking about what one needs to do to become a writer as well as sharing more details about women in the Civil War. Julia Cook actually worked with the FBI to write some of her books on stranger danger. She uses her little dogs in her presentations. It is so fun to talk with Patricia Palocco (sp). She overcame so much in her life to be the person she is today. I say the two of us work on this dream together. That way when the rejection letters come we have each others shoulders to cry on as well as each other to critique the other's work. What do you say? I will if you will.