Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: Name

The actual challenge for today is to write about my business name. Well, I don't have my own business, so I thought I would write about my name instead.

Jennifer: According to babynames.com, my name means Fair Phantom or White Wave. Neither definition actually fits my personality much. Growing up, I always had at least one other Jennifer in my class or classes with me. The year I was born, it was a popular girls name...that is for darn sure. I think I have given my mother enough grief about this over the years. She likes to think that because I was born in January that she was a trend setter. I guess we can let her believe that! I used to try and think of what I would have named myself, but in all honesty, I can't imagine being anyone but Jen. Actually, Jen is the name I prefer and I love. There are few people who actually call me Jennifer, and those people have special permission. ;-) I have never been a Jenny. Ew!

Mahan: Since I was not given a middle name, keeping Mahan as my middle name just seemed natural. Being a Mahan held special significance for me growing up. It is a family name I have always been proud to carry. I often felt that there was a certain expectation and pride that came with carrying that name, and it is with pride that I still carry it.

Sadler: This is still a name to which I am growing accustomed. However, this name represents what we are building. It is my husband and my daughters, my home, my love, and my life.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice. Good twist.