Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: Best Physical Feature

This one is kind of hard. I don't think too often about my best physical feature because there is one physical feature that always draws the most attention. I'm busty...this is probably an understatement...and for most of my life, "the girls" have received most of the attention. I have been asked on several occasions how much they weigh; can I see them; bra size; do I have back problems; etc., etc., etc.. It gets old. So, when I started dating Nick (who is not a boob-man, by the way), and he did things like look me in the eyes when we talked, and told me how beautiful my eyes and smile were...well, I honestly didn't know what to do! No guy had ever called me beautiful before or obsessed over my smile or got lost in my very brown eyes. Changed my whole perspective. 

These days, I think I can say I think my best feature is my dark brown eyes. They hide nothing. You know what I am thinking and feeling because of them. I like to dress them up. If I can bring focus to them, I will. I didn't always love my eyes. I thought them brown and boring. I lamented the fact that I didn't get my mother's blue eyes. I don't know when I started loving my eyes more. Possibly when I started studying other people's brown eyes and realizing what a spectacular color of brown I think mine are. Or, maybe it was the first time Nick sat mesmerized by the Harry Potter nonsense I was sputtering at Mikey's kitchen table and never took his eyes off mine. Not once. 


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the picture!!!

Jen Sadler said...

Thanks! It is an old one.