Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: 3 Personality Traits I Am Proud Of

Really? I have to come with three? Right now I can think of one, so let's hope that as I write about this first one, two others will pop into my brain. Otherwise, this post is going to take forever to write!

STUBBORN: Okay, this is not generally a positive personality trait. However, it is the personality trait that drives my need to succeed, my will to survive, and my determination to make it through even the toughest of situations. For example, after my emergency c-section with Q, I was on so many drugs, and my arm was cut and sore from having my blood pressure taken every 15 minutes, and my arms and hands were bruised and swollen from having to have blood drawn and tested so often, and I was only partially conscience of the things going on around me and the people coming in and out of my room--I actually got to the point where I was so miserable and uncomfortable and lost that I just wanted to close my eyes and not open them again. I never want to feel this way again, but as I was trying desperately to connect to something in the room, it dawned on me that I had a daughter who needed a mother, and I was suddenly determined to get out of the bed and go see her. Let me point out, that while this is the worst I have ever felt in my life, I really don't think I was close to death--the magnesium I was on made me feel like death warmed over for a few days. Anyway, my stubborn determination to come out of the cloud (and a very desperate prayer) allowed me to rest and wake up feeling suddenly more like myself again. So, stubbornness can be a good thing!
http://theeverydaywarrior.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/544.jpg

LOYAL: This one did pop into my head about half way through the rambling above. I am a loyal person. I remember telling someone who hurt me once that what hurt the most was the fact that I NEVER would have done what they did to me to them. I guess I do run into problems when I want to feel like I am being loyal and a good friend to people who maybe don't deserve it. I am really bad (well, I was really bad) at trying to be a loyal friend to two people after they have broken up. That's a hard one. However, I am grateful for this one. It helps hold my family together.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj75OFjG-ZoqEW8nNwda-XJlnZnNWZHWqyWFLi-X1zzlRccnBMgQ8rOm36V_mxA4dechKgwzzOccLOPHzFmajyVRDBzfS8a7LH-C7WQhiWGR1Ud11F-g-fg0OlVJTDIXIYpNx5C7XAouDX7/s1600/loyalty-loyal-motifs-life-themes-life-002.jpg

SMART (BUT NOT TOO SMART): Working around kids again, I am reminded daily of how hard it is to be the SUPER GENIUS. Not that I have ever been one! I am not a genius. There are just those kids who are crazy, crazy smart, and incredibly socially awkward. Bless those children, and thank goodness I was not one of them--at least not too often. I had to work pretty hard to become smart. I read a lot, and I wasn't all that good at that when I started out. I was in the lowest reading group in my first grade class. One day I just caught on to reading, and I have loved it ever since! My grades didn't always reflect my brain power. There were lots of things to distract me from schoolwork in high school, and I spent my first two years of college utterly miserable. No, I would say that I am smart, but part of that comes from my desire to know things and the fact that I have at least a little common sense.   
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_346/12298657208kAn5m.jpg

No comments: