Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: Guilty Pleasure

Well, like Lisa, I had to think about what a possible guilty pleasure of mine would be. Mom, Stef, and I had a little discussion about it this morning, and while I think Mom's guilty pleasure (Brittney Spears' "Toxic") and Lisa's (Justin Bieber) are hilarious, mine is really not that amusing. So, I thought some more about what my guilty pleasures are, and since this is really the biggest one: here we go.

http://images.agoramedia.com/dailyglow/gcms/photogallery-5-min-pedicure-page-5-toenails-drying-full.jpg
Yep! Pedicures are my guilty pleasure...now read on while I justify getting the occasional one to myself. I used to get pedicures on a regular basis. I love it when people massage, tickle, draw on, or just plain touch my feet. I don't necessarily like touching other's feet, but if it will get me a massage, I certainly will! Nick has always been awesome about rubbing my feet. Especially when I was pregnant with Quincy. He would massage my feet almost nightly, and I loved him all the more for it.
Since I have no Nick to massage my feet right now--and Kelli won't even tickle them--the only way I get to enjoy that simple pleasure is the occasional pedi. The water, the lotion, the massage, take me to a happy place. It doesn't help that I can't bend over and touch my toes very well right now either. So, how else am I supposed to cut my toe nails? That's what I thought! Can we afford it? No. And that, right there is why this little thing is a guilty pleasure. There is real and actual guilt involved. Sigh!

No comments: