Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Trees

Whipping wind washes in with the shore


Dances around my stout frame

And back again

From all angles I am attacked

While the view before me changes from serene

To terrifying and back again

Rain rages and ebbs, pushes the lake up higher

And higher

And higher

I am frozen

In fear of the water carrying me away

Afraid it may not

The black, dead trees stand stalwart

Immoveable against the powerful

They are strong

Fearless

I am not

My desires cry in the wind

Call to me—remind me that I fall short

Water snatches my feet

Chills my core

Snaps me back to life

A sigh and a nod of thanks

I walk from the bridge to honor
The water, the wind, the trees

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

Did you write this?

Jen Sadler said...

I did.

Cami said...

Wow, you are quite the poet miss Jen!

Jen Sadler said...

Thanks, Cami! Sometimes I get a little inspired, and those trees in the lake and the rain and my bad mood all created the perfect opportunity.