Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Kelli's Visit

I have decided that another benefit to having so many siblings (thanks again, Mom and Dad) is that I get visitors more! Kelli came and spent half of her Spring Break here with us, and it was the perfect trip! I loved having her here! Time really flew too fast, and before we knew it, it was time for her to leave. I am getting ahead of myself though, so let me detail her time here with us.

We picked her up on Saturday after a rather adventurous morning at DIA. She drove to Denver after her last class on Friday and spent the night with Adam and Kara. She even got to see the Beutens! She had a really fun night with them all, and then got stuck in a long and terrible line while checking in. She barely made her flight here after several texts and calls stating that there was no way she was going to make it, but she did!

This is how we spent Saturday afternoon and evening. We just hung out and played with the puppies. The weather didn't really cooperate with us for the first few days she was here. Oddly enough, this is also how we spent Sunday afternoon. I have been trying to introduce Nick fully to the concept of the Sunday Afternoon Nap--which is a Mahan Family Standard--but he has yet to FULLY embrace it. However, Sunday, we all napped! I do love me a good nap.
Sunday evening, Michael Blaisure came over for dinner. He brought his friend, Ashley, who was really great. Why is isn't dating her, I don't really know. Oh wait! Probably because she would be great for him, and he doesn't like girls who actually like him back. Silly me! Anyway, we had dinner and played Wii and totally forgot to take any pictures while he was here. Dang it!

We did a little shopping on Monday, but the real fun happened on Tuesday when we went to the Stockyards. There was a TV show being filmed down there, so we stood around and watched them rehearse for a littel while. We made friends with some of the extras. I have no idea what their role was going to be because this was a modern show, but hey! We got some cool pictures and made friends, so who can complain! My favorite is the guy with the eyepatch. He is a pirate cowboy. Who knew they ever existed, but I guess it makes sense.

Tuesday we took Kelli to P.F. Changs, downtown, and to Barnes and Noble. This seems to have become our standard night out with company. We took these before we headed out. I love the picture of Kelli and Nick. I told them they needed to have a prom pose, and this is what they came up with. Not very prom-ish, but they sure are cute! We had a fun time, and when I took her to the airport the following day, we both cried a little. I reserved my tears for the car ride home though. So, who is coming to visit me next? Mom and Dad? Hint, hint!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure we will be there to see you any time soon, my dear...I'm keeping my fingers crossed! But I love how much fun you and Kelli had!