Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Book #7

Oof! I am behind again! Anyway, here is book #7 for the year.

Miss Julia Takes Over
By: Ann B. Ross


This book is the second in a series about this character Miss Julia. I thought it was the first, and by the time I figured out that it was the second, I was too far in to stop and go back. So, if I choose to read anymore, I might read the first or just skip it. Like any series, you get bits and pieces of what happened in the book prior.
I started this book and almost quit reading it immediately. The main character, Miss Julia, is a God-fearing Presbyterian woman who knows just how everyone else should be living and she isn't afraid to tell them. All her advice giving and judgemental thoughts and comments are almost too much to handle at first. Then I took a deep breath, turned off the voice of my gram, and read her for that character she is meant to be. She's funny. Her opinion and naive knowledge of the world are hilarious, and as she strikes out on an adventure to save her mixed up little family, I found myself laughing and really rooting for Miss Julia.
Her family consists of Hazel Marie (her late husband's mistress) Little Lloyd (her late husband's son from union with Hazel Marie) her housekeeper, Lillian, Sam (the love interest she won't admit to), and a cast of other mis-fits that come together for a grand adventure. Hazle Marie has disappeared, the law and Brother Vern are after Little Lloyd, and no one will help Miss Julia. She hires J.D. Pickens, private investigator, to help her find Hazle Marie, but she won't let him do his job unless she is present. Add a little NASCAR racing into the story, and you have one fine adventure. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are SO lucky that your Gram is not computer literate!