Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book #8

I'm getting caught up! Here is one by one of my favorite authors!

Metro Girl
By: Janet Evanovich


Janet Evanovich is a witty author who writes books like I eat cookies. Seriously, the woman writes a series of By The Numbers books about a disaster of a bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, and she pumps them out fast. They are hilarious.
This book is not about Stephanie Plum. It is about Alexandra "Barney" Barnaby who grew up working in her father's garage, bailing her brother, Wild Bill, out of all kinds of trouble, and breaking serious hearts along the way. Now she is trying to live a quiet life as an insurance claims adjuster in Baltimore. Her life is going fine as far as she is concerned until Wild Bill calls her at 2am with a screaming woman in the background and tells her not to worry. Barney heads to Miami to find Bill, and she finds more than she thought she could handle. Sam Hooker, NASCAR Guy, Maria, Judey and Brian, Rosa and Felicia, Slim and Gimpy, Salazr, a helicopter, a few boats, gold, a nuclear bomb, and the ride of her life!
I read it in just a few days, and I giggled a lot. It is totally worth the read, but I think I would read anything by Evanovich. She is really hilarious!

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

Sounds like a funny book! I can use some humor in my life! Hurry and return it so I can check it out. :)

Jen Sadler said...

I just did! It is all yours!