Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Doctor, Shots and No Sleep

I almost got on here last night and started posting away. I could not sleep to save my life! I went back to the doctor yesterday and received two shots--one in each hip--another antibiotic and a steroid. The steroid brought down the inflammation in my sinus area so my ear doesn't hurt anymore. The antibiotic was for safe measure. I hate shots, and I have never received them in my hip before, so that wasn't my favorite part of the day. I then spent the rest of yesterday in a cold sweat but burning up, and then spent the entire night WIDE awake. I tried to sleep until about 1:30 and then gave up. I snuck out of bed and read in the office until 3:20 (dang you, Percy Jackson). I crawled back in bed and tried to sleep--played games on my phone after 30 minutes of failed sleeping attempts, then turned the TV on at 5:00. This did wake Nick up for about two minutes. I watched until about 6:00 and finally fell asleep. You would think that I would be sleeping still, but nope! I was wide awake again at 9:00. This is highly unusual for me. I love sleep! I love naps! I love cuddling up in bed! I just could not sleep to save my life! Maybe because I have been a sickie for two weeks and sleeping all the time, last night was my night to have everything I haven't thought about crash down on me. My mind raced all night long. My thoughts ran miles. Not the way I wanted to get ready for my wonderful house guest that is coming! My youngest sister, Kelli, is coming to spend part of her Spring Break with us! We are really excited, and I promise to post, post, post about her visit soon! For now, I will try to take a nap!

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

I was thinking of calling you, but if you might just be sleeping....I will hold off. I hope you got a great nap! :) Call me later.

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, my friend!

On another note...I love Percy Jackson! What book are you on?