Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Introducing...


The Sadler Family is proud to introduce Miss Tessa Marie to the world. She joined us rather unexpectedly three weeks early on Tuesday, July 17th. Once again, I had to have a c-section birth to avoid the mild preeclampsia symptoms I experienced from becoming the severe symptoms I had with Quincy. This was a very different experience than last time, and I am so thankful that both my doctors and I were able to recognize that something was amiss early on. 
Tuesday was my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment. I was slightly worried because I had started to swell over the weekend. It is easy to blame the heat, but I was worried that the swelling was more than just heat induced. So, when I stepped on the scale and I had gained 10 lbs in a week (another telling sign) I just knew that my blood pressure was going to be high. Sure enough! The nurses took my pressure a few times and it registered consistently in the 140's/90's. This is not the worst it has ever been, but it is not the best either! 
I was instructed to go to the hospital and have my lab work done while being observed. My labs came back fairly normal, but there was a little too much protein being shed from my body for the doctor to be comfortable. At 8:00pm she came in and told me that they would be ready to perform my c-section in about an hour. 

We called everyone, and Adam and Kara walked in the door right around then. As they prepped me for surgery, Q needed to wear a silly hat too. This was a late night for her, but I really needed her there. Plus, I selfishly wanted to see my girls together before sending Q home for bed. 
Kelli was my coach in the OR. She was a trooper, and she wasn't even nervous about the body parts she saw that generally reside inside my body. She was very focused on baby girl, and she went with T to get weighed and cleaned up too. 
I prayed that my little one would be at least six pounds, so imagine my delight (and shock) when she weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz! Barely a term baby, and she is so big! 
Uncle Adam and Aunt Kara introduced the girls to one another, waited for me to make it back to the room, and then took my tired girl home and put her to bed. So thankful for them! Kelli stayed with me until about 1:30am when I was moved into the post-partum room. I snuggled and fed and snuggled my new little girl some more!
We are all shocked and thrilled by the dark hair that T sports! She is a pretty little thing! Because my symptoms were so mild this time, I didn't have to spend any time hooked up to magnesium (such an awful experience), and we watched my blood pressure fall back into normal range quickly and without incident. Thank goodness for that blessing! 
My mom and
Nick's mom were here to help me with Quincy and the house and everything else the first few days. My mom will stay for a few weeks--at least until I can drive again--and Cindy and Desi will be back in August for a short visit. 
So, here we are...home, happy, healthy and ready to get this two kid thing figured out! We miss Daddy every day, and we are so excited to have him back with us again. 



1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's so weird that you got it again. I'm glad you were full term at least! And you knew what to look for, which is a blessing. I love you and I'm proud of you for handling this so well! Kiss Tessa for me, hopefully we can come visit relatively soon. And kiss Q too! Tell Nick congratulations...he's got some beauties to come home to for sure!