Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A job...and then there were none.

I had such a strange expereince today. I was offered a job, but not. See, I interviewed yesterday for a position with the city of Fort Worth. It was a position that essentially was the admin support and go to for the cities 19 summer camps. Those of you that know me know that I run a mean summer camp. This position would be a totally new experience for me and probably a really great chance to learn some new skills. The job would run through the summer--all the way to September. Knowing that this may be a problem IF, in fact, I get a full time teaching job, I went ahead and applied and interviewed. It went well, but I figured that wanting to be gone for a week, and not being able to promise that I would be available until September 1st would be a problem. It was!
I got a phone call today, and was offered the job--kind of with the requirement that I would agree to be there for the duration and cancel or shorten or reschedule our travel plans. Okay, maybe I am being unreasonable about the travel plans (except I have been very homesick and I haven't been to Denver since Kristie's baby shower in November--I miss my friends!), but if I get a job, I would have to start that in August. I don't think they are being unreasonable in their request to have someone who would be always available either. There is lots and lots to do, and the position already has a deskful of stuff to do. I hope they find someone who is right for what they need, and I will continue to search, search, search for a teaching job.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

You have such a good attitude! I look up to you so much...and it isn't just because I am so dang short! Sorry I have been so busy since you got back. We have to catch up!!!!! Got lunch plans on Tuesday?

PS...I really am hoping that the teaching job comes up! The Lord knows what is ahead.