Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let me explain...there is too much, let me just sum up!

Where do I start? Okay, a picture montage of the things I need to catch up on. It will be quick...again.

Nick's step-sister, Jessie, came to Dallas for work, so she stayed with us an extra day. It was SO nice to spend some time with her. We haven't seen her since November, and things were so crazy that there that we didn't get to spend too much time talking. So, it was nice to have her with us for a little while. We went to dinner at Joe T. Garcia's and shopped at the Stockyards. Loved having her here!!





I am now in Nashville, TN. Here is a picture of Stefanie and Matt at the hospital as we were getting settled. Stef's water broke around 4:30 on the day I arrived. Michaela waited for me to get here before she decided to make her appearance. We went to the hospital and tried to settle in for what we knew could be a long night. I don't think any of us were prepared for just how long the night would be though. Stef really wanted to have a natural birth and delivery. The doctor was totally okay with that, but she thought it best to put a time limit on it. So, if nothing had changed by 5am, then Stef agreed to begin petocin. After a long night, the drug was administered and then her contractions gained in strength and frequency. She was a trooper, but after sixteen hours of labor, she was tired and weak. She talked with her day nurse, Elaine, and they agreed that an epidural would be ideal at this point. Stef needed to rest before she had to push this little girl out of her body. It was the best decision she ever made! She was able to rest and relax a little before pushing.
Here is the result of all Stefanie's hard work. She is here, and we love her very much! She listened very intently to me today while I told her all about the family to which she now belongs. She is a lucky little lady to have the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and great's that she has! A new era and a new generation of this family has begun, and I feel so blessed to be here and a part of her life. We have much to be thankful for!




3 comments:

chauwell said...

Congrats to you and Stefanie!

Holly G said...

I like to imagine you telling her about her family. It makes me happy.

Cami said...

She is beautiful! Congrats to you, Aunt Jen, and to your family! Babies really do make you think more about your blessings.