Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in Review

Whew! That is really all that can be said for this past year! It feels like I say that at the end of every year, and I am sure that I will say it again at the end of 2010. How much can happen in one year? A TON, apparently! Here is a brief overview of what has happened in our lives this past year.


January: Who would have guessed that I would begin and end 2009 in Texas! I was here last year to ring in the New Year with my boyfriend, and I ended it living in Texas and celebrating with my husband!


February: Since we still lived in different states, Nick and I met in Denver at DIA and flew to Las Vegas for my best friend, Kristie's wedding. Kristie and Ron were married Febraury 22, 2009! They are currently expecting a baby boy who I cannot WAIT to see! This was the first of two Vegas trips for Nick and I this year! We went to Vegas again in November for his step-sister, Jessie's, wedding ceremony!



March: This was a big month for us! I came and spent my Spring Break with Nick, and he PROPOSED! It was a very sweet proposal, and in addition to a beautiful ring, I got a custom Broncos jersey with my soon-to-be last name on it. Yeah!



April: Nick and I were apart again as I was finishing out my school year in Colorado (miss you, PVHS!). This month was much less about me and much more about LISA! She graduated from BYU, and most of the family was there to celebrate this accomplishment! Nick could not be there, but that was okay. We had a really wonderful time together as a family.



May: I know we just got engaged in March, but due to some extenuating circumstances (we discovered that we were going to have a baby) we got married on May 1, 2009 at the Adams County Courthouse with Judge Patrick Murphy presiding. It was a simple ceremony with Mom, Grandma, Stef, Chris, Lindsay, Aunt Cathy, Darian, Dante, Amber, and Brandon in attendance. We celebrated with friends and family that evening. It was perfect! Sadness hit the next morning when I woke up cramping and bleeding. No baby for us yet, but honestly, getting married when we did was the MOST right thing we have done all year! I finished my school year, Kelli and Darian graduated, and we moved me down to Texas at the end of the month--and all in the same weekend!



June: This month was all about settling into our little home. We are renting a house and creating a comfortable life here together. While this is not the house either of us would have opted to purchase, it is perfect for our needs now! We have room! COME VISIT!!



July: We were blessed by our first house guest! Nick's mom, Cindy, came to visit us for about five days. We were able to play out in the sun, make some new friends in Savanna's (Nick's brother JB's girlfriend) family, and get to better know that mother-in-law that I am so very thankful to have. She is one of the biggest supports to Nick and myself! Love you, Mom!



August: We added a new family member to our ranks the end of July. Right at the beginning of August, Elway got sick! This is him at the vet. Poor baby! He is all puppy and such a pill, but we love him! He joins a sister, Joey, and they are our current children!



September: This month means that the Mahan Family goes to Powderhorn for Labor Day weekend. Nick and I were able to fly home for this! Thank goodness! We had a wonderful time playing with my family. This weekend is better than Christmas for us. We look forward to the time spent here more than anything else the rest of the year! We have been so blessed to be able to go every year!



October: Apparently, October was a fairly normal month for us! This picture is of me and Michael at a hockey game. Michael is responsible for the entity that is Jen and Nick. He introduced us! Love him!



November: We were again blessed to have some houseguests! Nick's dad, Ed, and his step-mom, Rochelle, came and spent a weekend with us. We had a really great time playing games, shopping, and visiting with Nick's friends and co-workers. Again, I couldn't ask for a better father-in-law! I think Ed is one of my biggest fans! Well, he leads me to believe that he is anyway.



December: A trip to Nasville, TN, a crowded apartment for Christmas, and Stef and Matt! I couldn't ask for a better Christmas! Our first one together. Our first as a married couple. It was WoNdErFuL! Our New Year's Eve celebration was quiet at home with us once again toasting and promising to end 2010 with each other. I do love this man!

Best wishes to everyone for an amazing 2010! Let the good times roll!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The year in pictures....holy cow, you were busy! I enjoyed this post! Happy 2010, my oldest!

Jen Sadler said...

Thanks, Momma! I'm ready for a new a better year!

I have a good life said...

Love this recap. You forgot to say that you met the awesomest friend ever, R! Hee Hee. Love ya! Thanks for moving to Texas even though it still is not easy. I still need you!

LaNa said...

Great recap of the year...you were busy! Lots of changes and lots of great times ahead. Best to you both for a great 2010!