Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Book #4


This is for all you Middle School Folk! I subbed yesterday for a sixth grade math class, and since I was BORED out of my skull, I read this book. Yes, I have another book that I am currently reading that is more grown up, but I am going to blog about all the books I read, so here you go. The Dog Who Thought He Was Santa by Bill Wallace and pictured above is a cute (very MS) story about a dog and his boy. One chapter is from the boy's perspective and the next from the dog's. The dog, Frank, lives with a family who thrives in a mining town where the mine may be shut down. This is stressful at Christmas, plus the family is struggling to hide that fact that Santa doesn't exist from the little sister, Susan. The dog gives his two cents on everything. The story wasn't great, but it was sweet. The plot and the storyline lacked gusto, but I guess that is okay for 12-year-olds. The biggest reason I am even mentioning it is because Bill Wallace has several other dog stories out there that might spark the interest of a reluctant reader. Just another author to add to that list of books that might hook kiddos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this post was worth it just for that photo! Ha! You might recommend that book to Dante...it sounds like it's his speed. Although honestly, I don't know what kind of a reader he is! Did you see the post from Stef's friend Carrie? She subbed in 6th grade, too, and had a kid tell her "I like you because you're not ugly like a lot of other substitute teachers!"

The Tall and Short of it said...

I love you Jen!!! I agree, the pic is worth the post! =)