Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend

My birthday was yesterday, and I am sitting at home coming down from a fabulous weekend. I hate the feeling I get after family and friends leave. Back to reality, right? Sigh! Here are some pictures from our fabulous weekend with Ashley and Lisa! SO SO SO SO glad they were able to come celebrate with me!

Ashley's flight got screwed up and she didn't make it here until Friday morning. So, we went shopping and then spent the afternoon napping before heading out for a wild night of BBQ at the Texas Pit and shopping downtown at Barnes and Noble! I seriously love those nights. This is us at the Texas Pit--it is a CLASSY local restaurant with pretty great food. We ate A LOT this weekend! I am going to need to live at the gym for the next few weeks.

We picked Lisa up from Love Field on Saturday and went to lunch at Potbelly's. The sandwiches were great, but in no way were they good for us! The paper surrounding Ashley's sandwich was clear from the grease that soaked through it. We sat tucked into a booth that just made me feel comfy and cozy! Ashley and Lisa are pretty darn cute!

Saturday night we headed out to dinner and dancing. We took the girls to Joe T. Garcia's Mexican restaurant. This is the same place we went with Nick's Dad and Step-Mom while they were here. Since it is actually cold here now, the patio is closed, but the lights are still on, the fountains are still running, and it is gorgeous! We took some pictures out there before we left. You can see the partially frozen fountain behind Nick and me. I love him! He was so great all weekend long!

Sunday before we had to take Ashley to the airport, we spent the afternoon walking around the Stockyards. It is always fun to take people down there and see what they notice and like about that area the most. The human maze, the shops, the food, the longhorns. I really like it down there. I am trying this new thing where I tell Nick when I like something in Texas because it apparently makes him feel warm inside.

This is really a random picture of Ash and Nick, but it makes me laugh. Ashley was making horse noises as they were making them run. I should have taken a picture of the creepy suckers with the scorpions inside them or the cheese covered worms we found in the candy shop. SO GROSS! Do people really eat these things?

On Monday--my actual birthday--we met Nick, Mike, Chad, JB and Savanna for lunch. It was nice to have a birthday lunch with the family I have in Texas. I include Mike in that statement since he can be pretty important to me sometimes, and even Chad because I like him more and more every time I see him. We had a great weekend, and I can't wait for more visitors! So...come on down and visit the Sadlers! We would love to have you!


1 comment:

Cami said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! You and your sister are gorgeous! (That is your sister Lisa right?) TX is fun! I loved loved living in San Antonio!