Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Some of God's Greatest Gifts...

I had to post this one as my heart is so full of love from my Father in Heaven. As I have looked back at the events that have or have not happened to Nick and I since we got married and started our life here, I realize that we have been watched over and blessed...all in preparation for this challenge in our life. Here are just a few examples.

1. I don't have a job. For a year and a half I have questioned why I don't have a job. I'm qualified enough. I'm a pretty great teacher. I had quite a few interested parties this summer, yet no job. Flash to now where I can't IMAGINE trying to be a mom with a baby in the NICU and worrying about a classroom too. I love that I don't have to worry about that. I can focus all my time and energy on my baby!

2. I literally stumbled across my doctor by accident. I had no idea who to go see or even really how to find a good doctor. In my random search, I came across my doctor's partner--who no longer delivers babies--and was referred to Dr. Read. He has been a true angel through this process! He was the only one who was able to calm my angry and frantic husband, and EVERY nurse we worked with in the hospital sang him praises! We are so blessed to have someone with his compassion and expertise working so hard to take care of me.

3. My darling friend, Ruth, reminded me today that had my long term sub job actually could have made the PIH so much worse. I would have been working everyday until Thanksgiving. So, when my long term sub job ended early, it was actually a blessing in disguise.

4. The week before this all happened I had been offered a sub job that would have lasted the entire week. I accepted the job, but afterwards I didn't feel right about it. So, I told Nick that I just didn't feel good about taking the job, and he supported me cancelling it. I would have had to worry about calling in sick for a job last minute AND I would have been on my feet all week too. That probably would have been bad.

I am sure there are countless other ways we have been watched over and blessed in preparation for all of this. I am so overwhelmed by the love I feel continuously right now. I am an emotional mess, so when I burst out in tears (and this happens A LOT) please know that my heart is really just full.

This is a picture of daddy's first diaper change. He is really good at it! Thanks to my friend, Angela, for documenting this for me!

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

You are soooooooooooooo blessed. I will miss you and Nick and Quincy until I get home! Merry Christmas!!!!! I love you!