Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NICU

Well, here she is. Quincy Anne Sadler joined the Sadler Family on December 11, 2010 at 11:46pm. She weighed in at 3lbs. 4oz. and has been breathing on her own! We got to see her for a minute while she was wheeled by us and right on up to the NICU, and then the real adventure began.
Things went fine as far as the C-section went. There were no complications, but since my blood pressure had been so high for so long, the doctor started me on a magnesium drip. This AWFUL medicine serves the purpose of keeping a person from siezing when their blood pressure has been too high for too long. I was on the mag drip for 36 hours instead of the typical 24 hours because my BP was really bad. My poor hubby was really worried. He spent lots of time at my bedside and would only leave to go see our little girl when I made him. She has been doing really well, and the nurses and therapists in the NICU have been so amazing! They are a gifted group of people! We are blessed by their knowledge and their expereince.
The mag drip wouldn't allow me to leave my room. While you are on it, you can't go to the NICU, so I was stuck in my room--literally. I couldn't even get out of my bed. I might be enjoying my freedom too much now--my BP has been a little high today--but I love that I can go see Quincy any time I want. She is such a special little girl. She has such a strong spirit, and as I cuddle her, I feel the love of our Heavely Father surrounding us both.
Ok that was Jen and now this is Nick.  What a crazy week.  Life has never moved so fast.  Jen covered most of it but I would like to add how wonderful and strong both of my girls have been.  I got to hold Quincy the night she was born.  I wanted to make sure she knew that there were people here that loved her.  As Jen said she had me worried for a few days, I wish I could have spent more time with Baby Q but I felt like mama needed me more.  The only people who have really been worried about Quincy have been me and Jen.  Everyone else here knows she is doing great. 
I told Quincy the night she was born about all the wonderful people there are in this world to love her.  The wonderful grandparents and great grandparents, the uncles both real and extended, and don't even get me started on the AUNT conversation we had!! 
It looks like Jen will be able to come home Wednesday or Thursday depending on her blood pressure.  Quincy is still up in the air right now.  From what we have been told we are looking at 3-6 weeks before we can bring her home.  We want her there so bad and it will be frusterating having to drive up here everyday to see her but we also know this is what is best for her and at this point this is where she is in the best hands.

5 comments:

chauwell said...

Congrats again!

We are keeping you and your newest arrival in our prayers!!

I have a good life said...

I am so glad you got to hold her! :) She is soooooooooooooooo sweet. Jen, I am so glad you are off that drip and able to go see her. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I consider you my sister...that's how much I love you. Does that mean I get to join all the aunts? Just kidding. Love ya.

Cami said...

Wow!!! I am so happy that she is here, breathing on her own, and is surrounded by such loving and wonderful parents! It is tough living in the NICU world, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, although it may not seem like it sometimes. You all are in my prayers. She is just as sweet as can be. Oh, I just love those little new babies. Such strong spirits. She is going to be a fighter...in a good way! Jen, call me if you ever need to chat, vent, laugh, cry, whatever. xoxo

Holly G said...

It's still hard to believe she is here with us! I can't wait to meet my baby niece!

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

You are so loved! I am so happy for you and continue to pray for you little family! Feeling Heavenly Father's love through your child is a wonderful feeling! Love you!