Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Our little girl was visite by a very special man the other day. When the nurses first told us that Santa came to the NICU to visit the babies and take pictures, I was beside myself. I am often overcome with emotion these days, and the thought of having a picture of our miracle with Saint Nick was something I wished for deeply. My mom was with me, so we were able to take the picture posted above, and I just love how it turned out! We have copies from the hospital that Daddy will be able to take and hang up at work. The hospital staff really takes care of us. For example, when Mom and I went in to see Quincy tonight our nurse had presents for her parents. FOR US! I felt like we should be showering her with presents--and that still wouldn't be enough to show our appreciation--and here she is giving me homemade chocolate treats!
As of today Baby Q has been moved from her isolet (incubator) into an open air crib. This is a very big step, and I am very nervous about it. She is so strong, but I am worried about pushing her too hard too soon. I want her to be successful, and I don't want to have to move her back into the isolet...it would be a step backward. I am just a nervous mommy. She continues to gain weight daily, and we are thrilled! I can't wait until she hits four lbs.
I am sitting here watching The Muppets Christmas Carol with Mom and Nick, and this is the first traditional Christmas thing that we have done this year. It is so strange to think that tomorrow is Christmas. I will be spending the day back and forth from the hospital--Christmas in the NICU--who would have thought that this is where we would be? No one plans for these things. No one. So, I promise to try and focus on those things I should be most grateful for. There is so much. I know that. My little one is being watched over by a host of special angels--both those we can see and those we can only feel. I have my mom here. I have a loving and uber supportive partner in all of this. I have a beautiful daughter! This is a Christmas when I should just be very happy, and I am! This is also a Christmas where I will be very sad. Not because I have any right to be, but quite simply because I want my girl to be home.
Please know that I am grateful for this time of year. I am thankful for a baby born in a manger. And I am thankful for a baby lying in a crib growing, growing, growing every day.

2 comments:

chauwell said...

Jen,
You are a great Mommy! You worry because you love Little Q so much!

We're still keeping you in our prayers!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for both those babies, as well....because of our faith in Jesus Christ, we have the peace to know that He will be there to strengthen us through these trials, and helps us to recognize the great blessings therein!