Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book #28


Wicked Appetite

By: Janet Evanovich

I can't believe that I am about to admit this, but I think I am finally getting sick of reading the same old thing from Janet Evanovich. I love her novels, most of the time, and I think that if I were to go back and re-read the By The Numbers Series, I would still love them. The problem now is: THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THESE BOOKS THAT ARE ALL THE SAME! Okay, okay...the formula of quirky characters and sexual tenstion and unexplainable events has worked for Evanovich for a long time. She is successful and wonderful, and I really do like her. I was just hoping for more from this novel than I got.
Wicked Appetite follows a character, Diesel, who makes some appearances in the Stephanie Plum novels. He is, in this book, as yummy and mysterious and brass as he is in the other stories. However, all the other characters--with their names changed--could herald from the other series. The story is cute, but predictable. The main character, Elizabeth Tucker, is kind of a nobody who actually has a power she didn't know she had. Diesel needs her help. Someone else wants her help too, but for dark and devious reasons. She must come to grips with her power, help Diesel whether she wants to or not, and try to keep the chaos from all the other characters in the story from interferring. Sound familiar? I thought so. Maybe I will write a novel in the same style and see where it takes me. No? Yeah. No.  

No comments: