Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Book #20

The Battle of the Labrynith
By: Rick Riordan

Somehow I managed to skip Book 20, so I am sure that I meant to post about this one here. I knew I was missing something, and here we go! I have posted about why I love Percy Jackson. These books open Mythology up to the modern day student, and makes Myths a little less daunting. I love that the gods and goddesses have such distinct personalities. I love that they are made a part of our world while maintaining a their authenticity. Riordan is a genius!

So, The Battle of the Labrynith is wonderful because it takes one of the greatest stories, and twists and turns it into a modern classic. Of course Daedalus would be some kind of underground technological wizard if he lived today! Of course the labrynith which is his home and his prison would be underground. Of course there would be all kinds of scary things to be found, and OF COURSE Kronos would need him to execute his evil plan.

Just read it, and love it! I know I do!

http://neolibrarium.com/?tag=percy-jackson


1 comment:

Liz said...

I just started these (I'm halfway through the second one) and I'm loving them. I can't wait 'til I get to this one.