Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Crazy Little Girl

My darling, dog, Joey is amazing! I named her Joey simply because she is an Australian Kelpie Mix which reminded me of kangaroos and baby kangaroos are joeys. Anyway, this named proved to be fitting in more ways than one because she can jump like a kangaroo. She isn't a big dog. She is very athletic, and demonstrates this by running and jumping like crazy! She is also an escape artist.

Joey has never been one to enjoy being caged--seriously, who does? However, if there is a way out of somewhere and something...she finds it! We have another dog, Elway, who likes to get into things and desroy pillows and chairs when he is angry with Mom and Dad. In order to keep them contained, we bought a baby gate that confines them to the kitchen and the backyard via the doggie-door. Joey has decided that this arrangement is no longer to her liking, so she has started jumping the baby gate.

She stands in front of it, crouches down, jumps up like it is nothing, and CLEARS the gate with no problem. Lucky for us, her brother has never tried to jump up in his life, so he is stuck on the other side. I honestly don't mind that she jumps to the other side. I just hope we can teach her to jump back!

Here is Miss Joey probably two years ago. I will have to post some pictures of the babies now! She has changed so much, and Elway is a beast! I love them both, but she will always be my little girl. She is even sitting under me right now relaxing and hiding from her evil brother. Silly girl!

2 comments:

Ice Pony Girl said...

She's beautiful! I have a 10 yr old Aussie Kelpie named Lucy, she's my life. My heart dog.

Jen Sadler said...

They are wonderful, aren't they? I would be lost without her!