Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Interview...Frustration...Life

Random title for a post, I know, but I am updating on a few things, so here it goes.

That is right! I finally have an interview. You know, part of what has been so hard about moving here was giving up my job. No one ever thought that I would move to Texas and have SUCH a hard time finding one, but it has been a nightmare. I applied to probably 15 school districts and approximately 100 different specific jobs without any calls for an interview. And now, here we are, the middle of the school year and I have an interview for a HS Eng position. CRAZY! I tried to play it smart tonight and went to go find this school. It is quite the drive away, and I wanted to be 100% sure that I would be able to find it in the morning. So, I got directions and headed out. It is a good thing that I did too! If I had made the attempt to drive out there in the morning without any knowledge of where I was headed, I would have had a mental breakdown. Oh, wait! I did have a mental breakdown. You know, people keep telling me that the highways and biways in Texas are great and make so much sense! They are lying through their teeth and probably laughing at me as I flounder around. I don't get lost easy. I can navigate pretty well around places, but this place has me all twisted up and confused. Don't ask Nick about it though. All he says is, "It's so easy, Jen." LIAR! However, I found the school, so I hope that I will be able to make it with no problem tomorrow.


Tomorrow is the Christmas Party that Nick and I are in charge of organizing. This is the first time we have ever had to do this, and there are a MILLION things I would do differently next year. However, we will survive this one, I think. I hope. I went and started to set up the tables and such, and I am going to spend the better part of my day there tomorrow as well. In fact, I bet that if I was smart, I would go shop for the remaining items that we need right now. I'm tired and really not that smart though. Dang it! I guess I am headed to the store! I'll take pictures and share them with everyone. I hope it is an event to rememeber.

No comments: