Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 28, 2012

30 Down, 10 To Go

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/i/fetal_development/week30/index.jpg
So, I have been dwelling on this a little bit. Thirty weeks. This was honestly the turning point in my pregnancy with Q. Thirty weeks with her fell right around Thanksgiving. My family was with us in TX, and I really felt off the entire weekend. I thought it was really just the craziness of the weekend, everyone around, and lots of work putting Thanksgiving together. As it turns out, this week marked the beginning of what became a frightening, wonderful adventure. I looked at pictures from the weekend and noticed that I was looking rather swollen...especially in my face. I thought it was just normal swelling. It honestly wasn't excessive. I was tired, but I spent my entire pregnancy feeling extremely tired! I could hardly finish one small chore without needing a nap! A few weeks later, we were in KC with Nick's dad and stepmom for a great weekend of family and football. Pictures of me there showed off my excessively swollen face and my boots were tight. A week later, we were in the hospital praying my blood pressure would be control-able. No such luck, so we had a baby. Such a little baby! Healthy, happy, so beautiful...and so early. 
This pregnancy has been completely different. I keep reminding myself of that, but I am still nervous. I take my blood pressure all the time. I still have to deal with being slightly anemic and I have to take my glucose test again this week, but those are nothing compared to what we had to do before. So, I will continue to monitor and assess how I feel daily, and I will pray that we really have ten weeks left. Or, at least nine! 

No comments: