Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thank You...

As many of you know, Nick is not here with us right now. He is in Texas. This past weekend, Q and I were able to fly down and see him. It was time that we all needed, and every second was precious. The highlights of my weekend though came in the simplest ways: my husband saying "Thank You." He thanked us profusely for making the trip, but the two that meant the most to me were as follows:

After visiting on Saturday, he called me and said, "I feel like I need to thank you for being a good mom. Our daughter is so well-behaved, and so beautiful, and so smart, and I know that this is all because of you." I still don't have words to describe what it means to me to have him say that.

While visiting on Sunday, he said that he really needed to thank me for coming all the way down to Texas. Those of you who know me, know that this trip was really not that big an undertaking...in fact, I booked it, packed up and went because I wanted to and needed to and why wouldn't I? He continued to apologize for taking my independence for granted...still confused. But then he said that my coming was apparently amazing to other people because they didn't know any women who would have taken the trip. So, he thanked me for just being me and for being strong. What can you say to that except, You Are Welcome.

I have never felt as if Nick doesn't appreciate me for me or accept me for who I am. He loves my strengths and patiently deals with my weaknesses. I am lucky. Yes, I am a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Aunt Connie said...

Thank you for posting this. You brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you made the trip and I am sure that this gave him the energy, love and strength to continue. Knowing you and the girls are at the end of this separatin will make it all that much easier for him.

Holly G said...

Hey. You are the best.