Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Miss This...

I am feeling a little sentimental and homesick today, so I thought I would post about all the wonderful people and things I love and miss back home. I am hoping that this visual journey will remind me of all the wonderful things I have from the past and present...then maybe I will not be so...pensive? sad? melancholy? Let's see.

In no particular order...

I am not sure if I used this picture because I miss my parents or because I miss school. I do love school and learning, but I miss my mom and dad a lot. I was looking at pictures from Holly's graduation last week, and I love how much my dad smiles in pictures when we are in cap and gown. I think he might be proud of us. My mom just radiates happiness all the time, but I love pictures of her laughing. I am blessed by some truly wonderful parents.

Here they are. Amber and Kristie. These two are responsible for my having some of the best times I have ever had! There are lots and lots of memories associated with one, or both, of them. Our lives are so very different now and we are so very far apart. However, I would not be the person I am today without them, and I miss them both like crazy! I think about them both everyday.

I seriously love everything about this picture, but it represents the mountains. I love them, and I miss them. How could you not with a view like that? I used to think that I didn't take for granted the views I was so blessed to have everyday. I thought that I appreciated enough the gloriousness that is Colorado. Now, I am not so sure that I did. I think a person has to miss something to fully appreciate what it is that they loved about a place to begin with. I miss hiking. I miss the view. You have to search for a view here, and while I am learning to find them, I miss the ease with which I could admire the handiwork of our Creator.

I miss these people. I have some amazing grandparents, and I hate that growing up has meant that I am farther away from them. They are pretty incredible.

I think that the Konopka's are amazing people. They have just been on my mind a lot lately, and I miss being able to hang out for dinner, or dance all night. I am pretty lucky that they are still a part of my life after all these years! Thanks, guys, for being awesome friends!

There is nothing to say here except, I miss you! I love you! I wish I was there to help you with all the changes going on right now, and I swear...I am going to call you tonight! XOXO

I just can't wait to come home and see all the changes that have happened in your life! The new place! We need a dinner night. I certainly miss having those nights with you. You are incredible, Jen!

Sometimes when your life doesn't take the direction you expect and you are thrown into the unknown, there are people who turn out to be the BEST thing that could have ever happened to you. When I went to work at PVHS, these people turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. Now that even more changes are happening in their world, I have reflected a lot on how lucky we all were to have become friends.


While this appears to just be a really cute picture of me, it is actually a picture I took while setting up my classroom last year. I miss it. I miss teaching. I miss having a classroom. I miss having students. I miss the paycheck too, but being a teacher is awesome and challenging and hard!

Yep, I even miss summer camp...not because I miss working all summer long, but I miss the people I worked with. We had some crazy summers, and I certainly miss the staff dinners. :-)

Finally, I miss every single one of these people every day of my life! Sometimes I feel like beth does in Little Women. She never wanted to see things change or for her sisters to grow up and move on and away. I don't feel that way exactly. My siblings are happy and their lives are interesting and exciting and fun. I miss them because I can't see them everyday. That is the hard part. We are still as close as ever, and I know that this is something that will not change. My family rocks!

No comments: