Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book #14

Born in Shame
By: Nora Roberts

Here is my confession: I am a hopeful romantic, and I was intrigued a few years ago when Texas Mom gave me a Nora Roberts book to read. It was the first of the "Born In" books, Born in Fire. There are three, and I read the first two after she gave them to me, so when I stumbled across this one in the library the other day, I snatched it up. I figured I owed it to Nora to finished her trilogy. I liked it just as much as I liked the other two. Each story is about a different sister in a mixed up and sad little family. Don't worry, they all find love and there is always a happy ending. This is probably why I like them so much. That, and the setting is gorgeous! The stories primarily take place in Ireland, and Roberts does an amazing job at describing the setting in such a way as to paint a magical picture for her readers. Since I have never been anywhere, I count on that in the authors I read. If you are worried that there is too much sex in these books, don't. There is sex, but not too much. There is a real story, I promise!

2 comments:

Holly G said...

We went to a used bookstore the other day and they have shelves full of Nora Roberts books for 3 for $5 and I wanted to buy them all for you!

Jen Sadler said...

That's funny! You should pick one up when you want to read something that isn't too deep. They aren't bad.