Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Book #12

The Sea Of Monsters
By: Rick Riordan

So, book #12 is book #2 in the Percy Jackson series. The Fates did not want me to read this book for the longest time! I looked for it at the library--checked out. I looked at Walmart--every book was available EXCEPT this one. I looked at Barnes and Noble--same situation as Walmart. I felt the frustration setting in and stopped looking for awhile. One of the students in the class I subbed for this past week was reading it yesterday. I couldn't believe it, and went on a little tangent about how I couldn't find it anywhere. He asked if I was a fast reader, and when I replied in the affirmative, he handed me the copy he was reading and pulled a second copy out of his bag! So, I read it yesterday for a little bit, and I finished it this morning. I loved this book because it visits one of my favorite stories, Odysseus and Polyphemus. Plus, the new character we are introduced to in Tyson, Percy's Cyclops brother, is wonderful. I loved the message and the feelings that Tyson inspired in Percy, and consequently, in me. It is a short read, but a wonderful one! Yeah for Percy Jackson!

1 comment:

Holly G said...

love, love, love Percy and love, love, love Tyson!!