Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Book #13

Sense and Sensibility
By: Jane Austen

My second Austen book this year. I do love this story. The characters sometimes remind me of my own family, and I can always relate to the strong relatioships of sisters. Really, there is nothing to say but, "Sigh!" Colonel Brandon in all his noble turmoil; Marrianne in her silliness and then her broken heart. Ugh! I SO know what it feels like to wait for someone you expect to hear from with high hopes. I know what it means to make excuses and look everywhere for answers. It hurt to read.
I found myself frustrated with Elinor and Edward. He's a pansy! She's...I don't know what she is!
I do enjoy a story where everyone gets what they deserve, although, I would have liked to see Willoughby get his toes stomped on by his horse.

1 comment:

chauwell said...

If you're still looking for another good Jane Austen book, try "Persuasion". It is her last completed novel.