Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Instantly Proficient?!

The  post challenge for this week is, "If you could be instantly proficient at anything, what would you choose?" Ummm...Mom, I am proficient at many things, and I am obviously humble about it. However, if I could be instantly AWESOME at anything I would choose playing the piano. Little known fact: I actually can play the piano. Kind of. I took a few lessons when I was a teenager, but for the most part, I am self-taught. This means that I can play a few songs here and there and even fewer songs that I can play well. I love the piano though. I love to play, and I am GREEN with envy at those who do play well. I might add that there is something really sexy about a man who can play the piano. Yep, Yanni and Elton John included.
Someday, I will have a house that has a room that is a library/music room. There will be a baby grand in the center, and a beautiful window seat for people to sit and enjoy the music or the atmosphere. My children will play, and yes, I will be that mom who sometimes forces them to take lessons believing that they will thank me one day. Music is and always has been such an amazing and important part of my life. I honestly don't know if people know that about me. The gift that my mother gave me of singing, singing, singing all the time is something I naturally find myself doing with my daughters. I sang to Q while she was still so itty-bitty in the NICU. I sing to her and T as we make dinner or change clothes or take baths. So, when I get my piano, it will be a central part of our family life--another Sadler.

No comments: