Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Putting It Out There: Weight Loss


Let's paint the picture. I am a nursing mom, and since the baby snacked and fell asleep (again), I am currently sitting on the living room floor attached to the breast pump. When I had Quincy and could only pump, a nurse saved my life and told me to get a pump bra. The link isn't the one I own, but this wonderful product SAVED me! It is so nice to have your hands available to blog, or update Facebook, or read Q a book, or even hold the baby sometimes. :-) You know, all those important things we do.
Anyway, I have these genius ideas when I am attached to this thing, and I was thinking about Oprah (of all people) and a show I saw her do about putting your goals out there in the universe. Tell someone about what you are trying to accomplish, and then you are more motivated to accomplish it. Now, I am a big girl. That's no secret. Always have been. I have body issues like every girl does, and I have spent a good majority of my adult life working out and stopping and training with a trainer and stopping and losing and gaining weight. Don't get me wrong, I like me. I'm not a bad looking lady, and my hottie of a hubby sure does love me, but I am determined to get healthy and lose some of this flab along the way. So, even though this actually kills me to admit, I am going to post weekly about the struggles, the successes, and the drama of becoming a healthy momma--and this will include my weekly weigh-in's. SIGH! Don't judge.
I should finally be able to start really working out again this week after T's birth, and my whole body is in need of it. Don't get me wrong. This is going to be a challenge. Starting over again is always hard, but I do know how I feel when I work out on a regular basis. Plus I will be able to work out with some amazing ladies next week and every Tuesday for a while in a place where I feel comfortable and safe and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I can bring the babies!

So, while this was taken when I was barely pregnant with T, this is what I look like when I weigh this much...

And that weight is 235...yes, yes. It makes me cry too. My goal for next Tues is 232. Hold me to it people. I am tired of being this girl.

4 comments:

Shandra said...

You can do it! I am going through the same thing right now! I started WW about 3 months ago. But not diligently. I work out almost every day though and it makes me feel better! Good luck girl! You are worth it!!!

Lisa said...

"I really wanna lose 3 pounds." but seriously. Plus 33. You're a braver soul than me! Biggest loser anyone?

Jen Sadler said...

You know I'm always in for Biggest Loser! Let's start one up after Stef has Lucy!

Holly G said...

Seriously, though. I'm in for biggest loser.

Also, I'm proud of you. And you are very beautiful.