Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hobbes (January 14, 2000-August 4, 2012)


As I type in the dates for the title of this blog post, I cannot really believe that our old man is gone. My dad had to make the tough decision to let him go this morning. Look at that face! Hobbes was the sweetest dog, and he did a lot to heal hearts and keep people sane without really doing anything except being the loyal, faithful, loving companion that he just was!
Hobbes came into our family during the Spring Break of my sophomore year in college. I spent that time trying to heal a broken heart in Florida while visiting my uncle. It was a much needed trip. I came home and there was a new puppy there! He was such a sweet baby then, and he never lost that innocent puppiness! I snuggled him, and right then and there, my heart began to heal. I made some pretty serious decisions about my own future shortly after that, and I needed that unconditional Hobbes love to help me on my way. He will always be our special boy, and we will all miss him! Lisa shared this cartoon earlier today, and it is just so fitting. For those of you unfamiliar with Calvin and Hobbes, this is the very last one that Bill Waterson wrote. Fitting for the occasion. We love you, old man! I am so thankful you are in a place where you cannot feel pain, and I look forward to the love and the happy Chewbaca noises when I see you again.


1 comment:

it's a mahan thing said...

A loving tribute. Well said.