Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Goal: Day 1

Day One was yesterday, and I have to say...giving myself a checklist of what I should be eating has totally worked for me. I honestly should have thought of this years ago! I am much more prone to follow something when I can cross it off the list as having done it. However, I didn't actually get through every serving of everything I should have had according to the chart.
I probably should mention that because I am a nursing momma, I am not trying to diet. I am frustrated because, while so many women lose weight while breastfeeding, I have gained weight. And since I haven't lost all the baby weight yet, I am heavier than I have ever been. This makes me miserable. Since I can't diet and workout excessively, this self project is all about re-teaching myself to make healthy eating choices. This is something I have never been very good at. When Q was in the hospital, we ate whatever was fastest or available at the hospital. This didn't afford us the healthiest of choices, and Nick and I soon discovered that we were truly fast food junkies! It is a hard habit to break, and with a baby who depends on my food choices for her food choices, I need to be better! Granted, I am hoping that eating healthier and walking more (Nick and I have been going several times a week with Q) I will be able to gradually watch that extra weight disappear. If I can be back to pre-pregnancy weight by the time I am done nursing, I will be happy.
I was full and happy last night with what I had to eat for the day, and since I got to workout yesterday too, I say it was a productive day!
Starting weight: _ _ 3--I'm not giving that all away!

http://web.mit.edu/athletics/sportsmedicine/wcrfoodpyr.html

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

You can do it! You are an inspiration to me. We need to do better. :)