Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Weekend at Home

Nick and I split up for the weekend and each went to visit our own families. We would have liked to both be in the same place at the same time, but well...we weren't.

I know that Nick had a nice time visiting with family and seeing some of his friends, but since he didn't take any pictures, and he isn't here to contribute, that is really all I can tell you. Maybe I will be able to get him to post a little something later...notice the MAYBE.

The reason I went home that weekend was to be in Montrose for Mom's 50.5 Birthday Bash! Her birthday is actually in January, but who can really travel or have a truly fun party in the dead of winter? So, she had a Half-Birthday Party instead. It was really a fun treat for her and for us! So many people came, and we had a lot of fun together.

Mom's first surprise were her aunts from Michigan! They flew in special for her party. These are my grandma's sisters, and they make a special sister trip each year to see one another. This year, the MI bunch came to CO! It was so great to see them all!
From left to right: Aunt Joan Kelli, Aunt Patti, Holly, Me, Grandma, Lisa, and Aunt Linda

Another special MI treat was Mom's cousin, Judy! She came, despite the crys of her children, to come and visit for the weekend. It was so nice to her here too, and I know Mom was thrilled!                        

Again, left to right: Lisa, Kelli, Eric, Holly, Me Dad, Judy, and Mom.







The party was a great turn out, and Mom (well, all of us, really) got another surprise when Bishop and Sister Moses walked in the door! I guess that all Siser Moses wanted for her birthday was to come to Mom's party! They moved to New Mexico years ago, so this was no small trip for them! It was really great to have them show up. They were some of the last to leave, and sat talking with Mom and Laura (Mom's bestest friend who came from Broomfield) until 11:30pm.




Holly had a genius idea to make Mom a Memory Jar. She got a pretty vase, and we filled it with 50.5 memories we had of our mother. It was fun to think of them and write them, and even more fun to read. We laughed and cried, and Stef was even ther via Skype!


Here are some more crazy picture from the weekend because that is how we do!



4 comments:

Krissi said...

Aw Jenn your family is beautiful. I love how you guys had a special 50.5 bday for your mom, and the memory jar is such an awesome idea! I might have to steal that one ;)

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

Ok so I just posted a comment then realized I did not make sense in it. So, let's try again. It looks like it was a great weekend; way to pamper your mom with love! This was a fun post for me to see; I love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family! Everyone is so, so, GROWN UP! I have not seen Adam in YEARS! Sorry Nick couldn't be there :(

Hope you are doing well my dear! It is always nice to hear from you!

Holly G said...

Good post, Jen!