Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Book #21

Catching Fire
By: Suzanne Collins

Here we are. Another book that I have read. I know it has been a long while since my past book post, but this one took us a while to get through, and I haven't been reading like I should this summer. That is all about to change, I think. There has just been a lack of things I am finding interesting to read--which is not normal. Anyway, this book is a second read for me, and since it follows The Hunger Games, I read it to Nick. If he were here to type this post, he would tell you to skip the first 2/3rds of the book and just read the end. He is not here, however, so I will tell you the truth about this book.
There is not as much action in Catching Fire as one would expect after reading The Hunger Games. Nick was bored for the first part of the book, but that is because it describes in detail the turmoil that is happening around Katniss in District 12, and, of course, her personal turmoil. The Capitol, okay President Snow, is not happy with the outcome of the last Games. Katniss has defied the Capitol and all its' power by making it possible for both her and Peeta to win the Games. The people LOVE them, but the government does not. So, with a direct threat on her life and the lives of those she loves, Katniss must figure out how to save her family with the ever increasing security and violence surrounding them. Other Districts are rumored to be rebelling, and somehow, Katniss has become their fire!
If you have not read this series, READ IT NOW! The final book comes out next month, and I cannot wait for it to get here. Catching Fire leaves you gasping for breath and for more!

No comments: