Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Future

Is it bleak or filled with possibilities? This is something that I have questioned over and over again! As we talk about how we are going to manage moving and life and all the money issues and things we find ourselves faced with, I begin to panic a little. I was too young to really be affected my a bad economy before, and I am amazed at how it really does affect every aspect of my life. I worry about every cent. I am worried about traveling to a wedding in Las Vegas. I am worried about Nick spending money on my ring right now. I am worried that getting married is going to be something that is just too expensive for us to do right now and maybe we should wait until things are better. Everything I do--driving, going to lunch, the store, the gym--makes me question whether or not I should really be doing it. Will it take too much gas? Can I make it to the end of the month? Can I save any money right now? When will this all end?

For the first time yesterday I panicked a little at the mention of people possibly losing their jobs at the plant. This doesn't hurt my job, but it could hurt Nick's. Although I am almost sure that his job is relatively safe, I still worry. What would we do? I hate that things are so uncertain in the world right now that the job that was thriving even six months ago is hurting so much right now. I am also amazed that his livlihood--while not something I physically depend on--is something that I depend on. I only hope that he feels the same way.

No comments: