Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

So lost

I have a unique family relationship in that we all get along famously. I am lucky, I know, and I would never change this. However, my relationship with my father is such that the man knows what I am thinking before I do. He thinks out loud for me and knows all the right questions to ask in order to make me think...a lot...and hard. So, being that it is Memorial Day weekend, I am hanging with the fam, and I knew that my dad would corner me eventually and want to talk about all this. How right I was!
My sister and I just got here today, and he already has me lost and thinking about my situation too much. Usually when I am able to talk with my dad, I am able to come to some kind of conclusion--whether it is the conclusion I want or not. This is not the case today. We talked. He asked questions. I answered questions. I thought out loud. He shared his opinion. I listened. And I got nothin'!
Does this just mean that this is going to be the nature of this situation? I am going to be lost and confused and left hanging until the boy makes up his mind as to whether he really wants me or not? Why am I doing this? Why can't I stop? Am I weak? Strong? Stupid? Or playing smart? And again, why is this happening? I guess if I had the answer to that question, I wouldn't be suffering like I am.
Sigh! Still love him though.

No comments: