Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful November Day 3

I discovered yesterday that Hallmark Channel is playing their Christmas movies during the weekends, and I posted my excitement on Facebook and talked about it with several people today at church. So, FYI, Lisa, I am not the only person in love with these wonderfully cheesy movies!

I have always been a fan of the fun and cheesy. I think I allow that side of me to be a little more evident to the whole world as I have grown up a little, but these movies hold a particularly special place in my heart.

Two Christmases ago I met with a challenge that I was sure was going to defeat me. My husband was in Texas for the unforeseeable future, I had a one year old, and I was about 6 weeks pregnant. I felt horribly alone. And scared. And lost. So, I did what any person would do...I started watching sappy Christmas movies. A good majority of them were on the Hallmark Channel, and I PrOmIsE you--those movies healed a little part of my broken heart. I watched them over and over again. I watched them until 3am because I could not sleep. I watched them while Q napped on my chest because I couldn't stand to put her down. I watched them while I waited for phone calls. I watched them morning, noon, and night, and I let the less-than-stellar acting and the super predictable story lines wash over me, and I found a little piece of Christmas.

So, today, every weekend in November, and all of December, I will be very grateful that the Hallmark Channel plays their Christmas movies over and over again. I will watch. And I will always carry a little bit of Christmas in my heart that is stamped

 

No comments: