Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Missing My Lobster...


Well, it isn't a secret that Nick isn't here. Q and I made a trip to see him in Texas last week. It was bittersweet. (For all you TX friends reading this, sorry we didn't get to visit everyone. We didn't really have time, so I didn't make it known that we were there.) We probably will not be able to make it back again. Just in case anyone wondered...I am miserable and I do hate this. Just in case anyone wondered...we are doing okay and my daughter is a trooper.
I did also celebrate a birthday while away. Thirty-two...funny, I don't feel thirty-two. These days I feel significantly older, but usually I still feel as if I am a twenty-something. Then I have those days when I want to be five again...oh, age! When I am feeling this way, I always think of the short story, "Eleven", by Sandra Cisneros. (Read it, it is short!) I loved teaching this one, but more than that, I love how much I can relate.
Well, since this post has been a little random already, have I ever mentioned what a wonderful little girl I have! She really is the light of my life! She makes me laugh daily! Here she is doing her yoga!
What a cutie! I am a blessed momma! 
Finally, I would be so ungrateful if I didn't say thank you to those wonderful friends who have helped us out so much! I won't mention names here, but you certainly know who you are. I can't properly express how much I appreciate the time and energy you have invested in helping my little family. Life would certainly be SO much harder without you. Love you! 

1 comment:

Holly G said...

I loved the short story. Don't know how I haven't come across it before, so thanks for sharing!