Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

If my life were a Jane Austen novel...

Oh, how glorious that would be! I would be just the right amount of vulnerable, intelligent, hard-headed, witty, beautiful, desired, and admired. My path would be chosen for me. I would, of course, be a gentleman's daughter and therefore, someone stunning would come along and want to sweep me off my feet. We would banter and argue and probably despise one another at first, but then fall hopelessly in love.
If my life were a Jane Austen novel...
My biggest worry would be which beau to choose and how to wear my hair and my best friends unfortunate match in a mate. We would giggle and discuss the wretched gossip from town, and my mother would probably be crazy.
If my life were a Jane Austen novel...
I wouldn't have days like today where I was so exhausted I could hardly lift my daughter. I wouldn't break down in Walmart parking lots because a gust of wind just happened to set me off. I wouldn't have a TO DO list a mile and a half long and feel so unbelievably overwhelmed that I just want to sit on my couch and do nothing. I wouldn't worry that I have completely alienated my best friend because I have really crappy timing sometimes.
If my life were a Jane Austen novel...
I wouldn't be married to the love of my life. I wouldn't have the greatest daughter God could have blessed me with. I wouldn't be able to face challenges and grow and become a stronger person. I wouldn't learn from each mistake I make. I wouldn't have the best family and the most amazing friends on the planet.
If my life were a Jane Austen novel...
Why that would be no life at all! So, thank you, Jane, for the chance to escape for a while. However, I will keep my life--as wretched and wonderful as it all is!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother is a LITTLE bit crazy...

jera parker said...

Yah, the mother not being crazy was a little off. Other than that I thought you did an accurate job of a pretty good life!

I have a good life said...

I am glad that you are settling back in (wretched or wonderful)...at least you are settling. Love ya tons!

Sharon said...

Nope Jen, living like Jane Austin doesn't allow us to truly experience the world as it was created for us. A wise Heavenly Father placed us in it the way we are at just the right time, in just the right place, with just the right people, for just the right purpose so in those moments of exhaustion we will slow down enough to see the sunrises/sunsets, marvel over the tiniest things our children are doing, OR most importantly, are finally humble enough to hear the Spirit whisper, "You are MY child; and I love you. Don't ever forget that."