Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just Feeling Restless

This is the story of my life these days. I am not sure what it is...maybe the season or the holidays or the crazy events that have taken place in our lives recently, but I am one restless momma. It is strange to be so busy and feel this way. Q keeps me on my toes all day long, and when Nick gets home, she wants nothing but Daddy, so that is when I can actually DO things without an attachment.

I have projects to work on and people I want to see. I have presents to think about and a birthday party to plan. Our house is never spotless and the laundry is never done. I am searching for interesting recipies and easy crafts to keep me occupied. I have a growing stack of books to read and a lot of sleep to catch up on. So, why am I so restless?

Perhaps it is because I am always distracted. Projects get started, but never seem to be completed. My head is racing a million miles an hour, and the only time I am focused on one thing is when I am in the gym. I need a chart that is a huge TO DO List. I need someone to come and look at my list and tell me it isn't out of control.

Then again, maybe I am not busy enough. I am home with Q all the time. We go to the gym and run a small errand or two on a daily basis, but then we are home together all day. Maybe I am experiencing a little cabin fever. Maybe if I was busier, I would accomplish more. I have always performed better under pressure. Now that I have no deadlines and grades aren't due and papers aren't piling up and I don't have an essay to write or copies to make or lessons to plan, maybe I am slacking. Except, I don't miss that stuff. Okay, maybe I miss planning lessons and reading books and regular adult interaction, but I wouldn't trade it!

So, for now I will be restless...I will make that long list and even cross off a few things. Or maybe, I'll go help a little girl figure out how to crawl. That sounds better...crawling.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

I love you!!!! Miss you a ton!