Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

This is why I married him...

Okay, there are lots of reasons why I married him, but today he made me a proud, proud wife. Not that I'm shocked. I'm not. The man I married has become wonderfully selfless, kind, and caring. I am getting ahead of myself though, so I will begin again:

Nick is a fan of Tim Tebow. He has been for a while, and when the Broncos drafted him, Nick was thrilled! So, when I heard that Tebow had a book coming out, and then a book signing at the Tattered Cover, I asked if he would be at all interested. Nick was excited at the prospect of meeting someone he thinks is such a good and upstanding athlete. (He has recently discovered that his biggest idols are not the most perfect of men.) So, for part of his Father's Day gift, Q and I traveled on down and got Dad his book and his ticket to get his booked signed.
While purchasing Tebow's book, Through My Eyes, I learned that there were 600 tickets being handed out for a two hour book signing event. Nick was #375. We went to the Tattered Cover today at 4:00, and Nick waited in line for a while. Not shockingly, the announcement was made that Mr. Tebow had to leave at precisely 6:00, so he would probably only make it through the #400. Nick then had a conversation with the lady in front of him--a candidate for The Real Housewives of Denver--about how disappointed many fans would be, especially the kids. With this realization, my hubby (who was like a kid in a candy store excited to meet Tebow) left the line and found some kids towards the end. Two little boys with ticket #592 got ticket #375 today, and we hope that they got their book signed.
Nick was actually devastated that he didn't get to get his book signed. However, he felt pretty good about letting the kids have his spot. I understand that the goal of events such as this one is to promote and sell a book, but 600 books signed in two hours? Seriously?! Who planned this?! I digress...that is not the point. The point is, I married a good one. I am proud of the choice he made today, and proud of the man--and especially the dad--that he is!

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

You definitely married a good one! I have thought so since I first met him. What a touching story. I love it. It brought tears to my eyes. Love ya, Nick!

Anonymous said...

That is the kind of stuff heroes are made of...I hope those little boys got their book signed, too!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do! :) One day those kids will tell THEIR kids the story of the day some guy gave them his ticket and they met Tim Tebow! Kudos!