Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Good-bye, Texas

I have kind of been dragging my feet to write this post, but I'm sure why. It wasn't a huge secret that I didn't LOVE Texas, so it suprised especially me when leaving was so hard...and it was hard. I guess it makes sense. My family really started in Texas. We made some good friends. Honestly, I think that the ordeal, trauma, and joy surrounding Quincy's birth allowed Texas to sneak its' way into my heart. Yes, I know, I know...all you people who tried to tell me that Texas is great...I still wouldn't say great, but I can say that I will hold a special place in my heart for Texas--and especially Baylor.

To those friends we made and left in Texas--thank you! Thank you for taking a crazy Colorado girl into your lives and letting me be me. Thank you for being great examples of who and what friends should be. Thank you for supporting my hubby and I through what felt like a lot of crazy, strange and surreal experiences. Thank you for loving my daughter as if she were your own. Thank you for sharing your kids with us. Thank you for being exactly who I/we needed to make life in a strange and new place bareable. I do love you all, and I will miss you!

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

Thanks, Jen.

Texas misses you.

Saying good-bye was tough.

You are one of the truest friends I have ever had. Who else would drop everything to join me for a lunch date...even if we'd just done lunch the week before? Who else understood our "go to the bar and get drunk" code for "I am struggling and I need a friend"? Who else would support me in my crazy prompting to fly across the country by all-of-a-sudden taking 3 kids with no notice at all? Who else spent Divorce Day lunch with me?

You and Nick and Q are amazing. You will always be in my heart and I am so glad that your new home is so close to my home. :) It makes saying good-bye a little easier.

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Don't it always seem to go, that we don't know what we've got til it's gone...