Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tell me...


Just tell me that you are crazy to even think for a minute that you could live without me. Tell me that you just got scared and that you love me. Tell me that I am as important to you as you are to me. Tell me that you never really want to leave me. Tell me that even though it is going to be hard and we may struggle that this--that WE--are what you want out of your life. I am offering you my everything; I have already given it to you.
I know what it is that I want out of life. I feel as if I have made a lifetime commitment to you already. I hate to bring this up, but why do you freak like this just inside of ten days of your major court dates? I knew what your life was when I made this choice to be with you. I do not judge…it is not my job. It makes me sad to think that you don’t seem to love yourself enough to want things that are good for you. It makes me wonder if I am really good for you or not. You keep saying that I am, but everything else you do screams that you do not really believe that.
I never want to be second best or someone that you settle for. I know that I am not settling for you. You are perfect for me with all your imperfections and issues included. If settling is what you would be doing, then don’t marry me. Don’t have babies with me. Don’t live in a house with me. If, however, you are not settling by making that commitment to me, then stop this. Thank the good Lord that he sent you someone so wonderful. Let go of all the things holding you back and look to the future.
You are my best friend, and I don’t want to lose you. I love you.

No comments: