Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year of Changes...

I feel as if at the end of every year I have the same conversation with my mom. It goes a little something like this:

Mom: Wow! has really been a crazy/rough/interesting year, hasn't it?

Me: It really has, but I feel like we say that every year.

Mom: Really?! I think this year tops last year though.

Me: If you say so...

As we were having this conversation yet again the other day, I have come to the conclusion that as the years fly by we simply adjust to the ever increasing changes and challenges that come our way while the old challenges fade into view. There must be a reason for this...otherwise I think I would spend life in an eternal funk. 2010 was exciting and challenging and scary and oh so wonderful!

Obviously, I focus much of my attention on the events that have transpired in the last month of the year. The unexpected early birth of our daughter has been the most amazing and terrifying thing that I have ever expereinced. As we continue to go back and forth between home and the NICU, I am so grateful for all the people that have lent us a helping hand, cooked a meal, visited us in the hospital, travelled here to help us out, and said a prayer on our behalf. I can't say thank you enough!

We had lots of friends and family come to see us throughout the year, and we are truly looking forward to that continuing. Our house was packed at Thanksgiving, and we had a great time hosting my siblings.

Nick and I both turned 30...something I was dreading and he could care less about.

In additon to becoming new parents, we also became an aunt and uncle for the first time. Miki Jo joined us in the world exactly seven months before her new cousin. She is such a fun and happy baby!

My mind is a jumble right now. We had so many other things happen, and I can't even focus on it all right now. So, rather than hurt my poor head, I will just wish you all a Happy New Year! May 2011 bring you joy and happiness!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Hey Jen! I just caught up on the latest of your sweet baby Q. I absolutely love the video of her...cute how one second they are crying, and the next they are dozing off. She seems so cute, and I am so happy that she is growing and learning to eat out of a bottle! I know that the road may seem long, and it feels like forever until you can take her home, but hang in there!! It gets easier. I am happy that your mom is able to be there with you; it makes the time sitting by her bedside feel more comforting! xoxo