Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Due Date Come and Gone

Yesterday, January 30, 2011, was Quincy's due date. Saturday, January 29, 2011, she turned seven weeks old. I honestly cannot express the whirlwind of emotion that flowed over me yesterday as I marveled at the miracle that is my tiny and perfect daughter.
She is growing, growing, growing! Q hit six lbs, and we expect that she will quickly hit seven! She has spent the past few days more and more awake. Q quietly observes her world and listens intently as Mom and Dad (and Aunt Stef right now) sing to her. She loves being talked to, and I am just waiting for her to join in the conversation. She acts as if she wants to burst out and tell me her life story! I am so ready to hear it.
We have had lots of visitors the past few weeks. Grandma and Grandpa Halasz came to spend some time with their first grandchild. It was nice to have Nick's mom and step-dad with us. They loved on our girl plenty, and I think her Grandpa Desi was quite taken with her. JB and Savanna came to spend some of that time with us as well. It is really wonderful how in love with Quincy her Uncle J is. She is one lucky girl to have him around! (Not to mention Savanna who loves my daughter as much as we do!)
The day that Grandma left, Stef and Miki Jo came to visit. The picture above is Michaela and Quincy's first meeting. Michaela is a giant compared to our little one! They are so cute together. Miki Jo isn't always sure what to think of this new cousin of her's, but she will tentatively reach out to touch Quincy's hand. It is very sweet. I am so glad that Stef is here! Mom had to leave before Quincy came home, and I didn't realize how much I needed a sister here until she got here! They are supposed to leave tomorrow, but with a snowstorm on the way, we will see if that happens. I'll take them for an extra day!
Q has been pretty congested the past few days. She hasn't really appreciated her Mom and Dad sucking the stuff out of her nose, but she does breath so much better after. She also took her first shower with Mom so that she could have the benefits of a little steam. Our bathroom is too big to just let her sit in there with the shower running. She loved it! I haven't seen her so relaxed during a bath since her first swaddle bath in the NICU.
Here is a new video of her listening to her Aunt Stef sing her a song. She is precious!

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

WOW! She is so perfect and so precious! :) I cannot believe all that has gone on in the last two months. What a very blessed family you have! :) I love you!

Cami said...

She is beautiful Jen! I am so happy that she is growing, happy, and healthy. It is wonderful to see that she is home!!! It is nice having the mom and sisters around. I hope that they can come visit you more often now!