Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

News Update

I feel as if there is a lot to write about here, but I will try to be as brief as possible while sharing what we have been up to these past few weeks. Where to start?

Texas Snow

Texas got enough snow in one day to qualify as a blizzard. This happened on the day that I was leaving for Utah and Colorado which means that I didn't get to see it, so Nick sent me pictures that he took on his phone. This is one of them: our front yard was covered in snow. I completely missed the entire thing! While the snow was swirling, I was sitting on a runway waiting to take off. Because Texas is never prepared for this, they had to pull out the de-icer, so I slept and waited. We took off when I should have been landing in Denver, but I still made my connetion! Thank goodness.

Eric's Last Chemo

Holly and Eric Glem (my sister and brother-in-law) picked me up and we went to lunch and then to The Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City for Eric's last chemotherary session. It was great for two reasons: 1. This was the LAST one. 2. I was totally interested to see this process. I know that sounds crazy, but this has become Holly and Eric's life routine for now. I'm in Texas, and while we get to hear about everything that is going on, it is something else to be there and expereince it with them. Seriously though...both Eric and Holly have handeled Eric's Lymphoma so posivitely and humorously. It was really nice to spend the day with them learning about the whole process. I was glad to share that day with them.

Stefanie's Baby Shower

Holly, Lisa and I drove from Orem, UT to Grand Junction, CO for a few days of family fun! We threw a Baby Shower for Stef on February 13, 2010. This is the last month that she can fly home, so we put it all together, invited lots and lots of people, and had a really nice time. A big thanks to Carol and Uncle Dan for opening their house to us that day. It was the perfect space for this event. Lots of Matt's family came, along with lots of our family and some of Stef's friends who are still in Grand Junction. She was suprised by a group of girls that she went to college with who now form a singing group called The Tonettes. They delivered her a singing Valentine. It was so nice. She got lots of cute things, and even a crib and car seat and stroller! We had a great time, and I was reminded (as I often am) how lucky I am to have four of the most amazing. the most beautiful, sisters on the planet. I am so excited for this little one to join us!

Old Friends

Another highlight of my trip was that I got to see some of the people who have been so very important to me in my life. The picture on the left is of my best friend, Kristina, her son, Carter, and me. Kristina and I have been friends since our freshman year of college, and I so miss having her close. She came with her beautiful boys and husband to meet us for lunch before the Shower. I needed to see her more than I realized, and I miss her so very, very much!
The picture on the right is of me and one of my oldest friends, Cami! We haven't seen each other in such a LONG time, and when she invited me to come over and visit while I was in Utah, I knew I just HAD to! Lisa and I went over to her beautiful home and spent hours catching up! She has such a beautiful spirit, and it was really a blessing to be able to sit and talk with her. I loved it! We even got to chat with her mom! We had lots to talk about since Cami and I have friends since we were four!

Home Again


As always, it was wonderful to come home to my handsome husband! This was the longest we have been apart since we got married, and we really are the biggest babies about it. I am a lucky girl to have someone who loves me so much.

4 comments:

Holly G said...

Wonderful post. Were you typing on your phone or something though?!

Anyways you summed up the weekend really well. I almost would copy and paste yours to mine so I wouldn't have to write everything (I guess I already did a shorter version, but yours is better).

Anonymous said...

LOVE that you got some great girl time in...your sisters, your new(er) best friend, and one of your OLDest best friends! You got your money's worth out of this trip, that's for sure!

I have a good life said...

Wow. You are gorgeous, my friend! And, you are so lucky to have Nick! I am jealous of that love you guys share. :) You are lucky, lucky, lucky. Maybe stuck in Texas, but lucky nonetheless!

Cami said...

That was a busy week for you! It was so nice having you and your sister over. Thanks for staying up so late to chit chat with me.....I can't remember the last time I have stayed up that late either! That visit was far over due!