Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Talk

Poor, Nick! He had big plans to talk to me for twenty minutes last night and then go to sleep by nine. I actually do not feel sorry for him, and he really doesn't either. We talked and talked and talked for two hours before going to sleep last night and neither one of us really wanted to stop. I am pretty sure we could have talked until the wee small hours of the morning! We talked about lots of things like,
A. What life will be like when we are together
B. Jealousies
C. Goals for us as a couple
D. Goals for us as individuals
E. Marriage
F. Kids
G. Traditions
H. Friendship
I. Expectations
J. An explosion of feelings that one of us has been bottling up for the past seven months--that would be me.

I was able to say some things to him last night that I have not been able to say because I was scared or he wasn't ready to hear them. All my frustrations, my anger, my hurt came tumbling out in a 45-minute tirade. He listened and consoled and apologized and expressed his love and devotion to me now. I needed that so much. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me and a cloud is really beginning to clear from the sunshiny place that our relationship used to be. It is headed there again! We have some work to do, but it is being done. We are going to be just fine. I am pretty happy with life and him right now. This relationship stuff is really hard, but I am glad that I was stubborn enough to stick around. He is great. We are great. I pray that we will continue to be in this good place and happy together. You have got to love that!

No comments: